Thursday 7 September 2017

Tongan Language Week - Reflection

IALT: reflect on the assembly Tamaki Primary had to celebrate Tongan Language Week.

HAPPY TONGAN LANGUAGE WEEK to all those tongans, and people around the world! How do you choose to celebrate Tongan Language Week? Because at Tamaki Primary this year went all out. From the cultural mats to the cultural performances. Performed by all teachers and students of our Tamaki Family. It was real exciting to be apart of something like this. Not only was I able to watch people display beautiful performances passed down from my ancestors, but I was able to represent my culture, in my own way.

My honest thoughts are that.. it was really inspiring for me to watch the younger and older generation perform and represent my Tongan culture. Not only were tongans involved but all different types of cultures,

  • Chinese
  • Samoan
  • Te Reo Maori

    And many more! It's such a great feeling seeing my culture put into action. From the dances, to the clothing, all the way to the food. It was the highlight of this term so far. But I am looking forward to the Motat trip we will be taking on Monday!
Image result for tongan

With the food tasting of the tongan food was very yummy. It was basically trying different types of tongan food. Such as...

  • Taro
  • Kumara
  • Cassava
and much more YUMMY delicious tongan, cultural dishes.

My goal for next time is to create and prepare a performance for myself. As much as it was fun watching other represent the culture I originate from it would be an amazing opportunity to represent my own culture.

What are your thoughts....

Please leave a comment down below.

Muchly Appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment