Monday 25 September 2017

Kiwisport - Hip Hop Reflection

IALT: reflect on today's hip hop reflection.

It was 9.40 and we were approaching the hall. We got in for our hip hop lesson, and clashed with the ending of room 10's hip hop performances. As supportive and encouraging peers as we sat the back of the hall watching room 10's final group performances we tried our best in respecting them by..

  • Facing the performers/speakers
  • Not talk while others are
  • Giving them the confidence boost
  • Not laughing or mocking others
Yes, Not all performances were perfect but I believe that everyone did good. Though overall, my thoughts are that one thing all room 10's performances had in common was shyness, or being nervous while preparing to be on stage. Which is stage-fright in other words, I hope with room 10's further hip-hop or kiwisport lessons they are able to overcome this.

Image result for audience watching

Anyways, with room 10 finishing up on their group performances, we went straight into it. We were out in our pairs, or groups choreographing on dances. In hip-hip you can only count 8 beats, and no more than 8. You also have to make sure your timing is correct. 

I worked with Akanesi. It was really for us to choreograph our dance because of our history. We have known one another for a long time now, and we get along really easy, which is why I believe that we found this task not so difficult. We were called in and ready to perform in our groups one by one, in front of our audiences.

Image result for nerves shaking clipart

Groups pasted and finished, but still my nerves will shaking! I felt really shy to perform espically in front of a class mate or peer who I have 'awkward' history with. But as leader I shall lead by example. I put my past, and judgements behind me on got on stage. I had to try my best in following the choreography to the dances we choreographed.. Mainly because, it was a competition. The winning group would win a first free class to one of Jasmines (our hip-hop instructor), classes. She has 6 different clubs in Auckland that actively move around. 

But before we knew it, it was time to announce the winning group of the class. I was hoping for us to win, but as I looked around a lot of groups were hoping. It was a very close decision but in the end.. MYSELF & AKANESI WON!!! It was exciting for me because maybe this could be the start of developing a interest in dance! Or not? But we'll see.

Image result for hip hop

I was so siked for me and Akanesi! Not only did we win the best timing, confidence, and creativity with our choreography but we were able to show our peers, and teacher.

I look forward in taking the free first class with Jasmine... I think it will open more opportunities for me and my future, and maybe start for me to develop a interest with different areas of dance.  
If you were in my position.. What would you have done with the free first class lesson?

Image result for hip hop dance lesson

Please leave a comment down below! I look forward in viewing and using your feedback, and feedforward left down below.

Malo Aupito - (Thank You - Tongan Language(

0 comments:

Post a Comment