Friday 8 September 2017

Ancestor Poems

Image result for tongan

IALT: create a poem about my ancestors.

So with Miss Aireen for writing.. Our task as individuals was to create a poem about our ancestors. It took me a while but after having repetitive discussions with my family about my ancestors, and those elders before me I've been able to develop new things for my past, and also developed new things about myself.

What are your ancestors to you?

With me, my ancestors are the people who guided me to the place I am today. They created my way and path in life for me to follow.

This poem really caught my attention. I was writing those before me, which honestly I didn't know much about. I knew who they were, but I wasn't so sure what they did to get me here! So I needed to know HOW, which lead to discussions with my family. By asking more questions in relation to this part of my learning, helped me in finding the answers I really needed. Which lead me to this creation below...


With this task I found it really fun! But my goal for next time, is to write about my different nationalities. Not just that one main one I have. I want to ask more about me, my elders, relatives, and ancestors.

If you were in my position what would you want to know? And why? How would it impact your life, and your future? For the better or worse?

What do you think about this?

Please leave a comment down below for me to view!

Muchly Appreciated,

0 comments:

Post a Comment