Saturday 8 July 2017

๐ŸดMy New Zealand Flag Design - Winter Learning Journey ๐Ÿด

IALT: design and explain my New Zealand flag design in my own original content.




As a bonus task we as individuals had to reflect on how last year the New Zealand Prime Minister suggested that we should change our flag! The opportunity of designing a new flag was offered and available to all New Zealanders. In relation of this, our task was to design our own New Zealand flag! I have accomplished this, and also added an explanation of what represents what on the flag I originally designed. As far as researching came, there was a part where I had to choose or pick between places in New Zealand to be identified on the flag I was still in the process of creating or designing. I stuck to 3-4 main colours to be shown on the flag design! My goal was for it to be not to busy,  more attracting to bloggers, blog viewers, and also blog readers, and eye catching to others...!!!

Personally, what inspired in designing this flag was my passion in the Maori culture. For example in showing my passion and commitment for this culture, I have joined various groups such as Kapa Haka e.g. By developing what I personally admire about this culture, into how it relates to my education and casual lifestyle has helped me realise in why I love doing things as joining performing arts groups related to the Maori / Te Reo culture/language (Kapa Haka e.g). Though I am a Pacific Island child, it doesn't stand in my way of loving and continuing to pursue my passion for Maori performing arts, or Maori activities e.g....

Image result for kapa haka

One of my many challenges was researching on the IMPORTANT places of New Zealand I should consider show casing on my flag design. But with more reading on New Zealand, and those places I was able to come to a final agreement.

With discovering, and developing my next steps I've been able to see that they are to.. think bigger in a task like this. Next time I hope that thinking about New Zealand and yourself can help make this task less challenging for me?!

How do you think I will find this task less difficult in the future?

Image result for flags


Please leave some helpful, and truthful advice down below for me to view as I shall continue to blog about my learning journey!

King Regards...
Your Winter Learning Journey Blogger.. 
Losana,

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Losana,

Thank you for sharing your personal thoughts related to your flag design, it's so awesome to hear your thoughts about Mฤori culture and how your passion for it is displayed in the way you're involved in the culture such as doing kapahaka...

I think you have taken a great perspective on this task and made it easy for yourself by thinking about what NZ means to you - well done!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment