Thursday 22 June 2017

๐Ÿซ Room 7 Learning? ๐Ÿซ

IALT: share with my audience how I am currently learning in a different environment.

Due to coming late and missing the bus for Technology, I choose to learn in Room 7 with Miss Ashley and her wonderful class. Mainly because my teacher wasn't in class neither was Miss Kyla, and also Miss Morrison. When I walked in and saw all the faces of the other students, I felt very welcomed... like it was my own class just a little bit more mature. As I was finishing my work I lifted my head and as I lifted my head I was able to see that the learning environment room 7 is used for useful learning. Now I wasn't just able to complete the unfinished work I hadn't completed but also learn a lot from my year 5-6 classes. Now my personal, but educational thoughts....

Ever since the year of 2017 had started up... The year 7 & 8 student, or peers have been so distant and judge mental towards the younger generation of Tamaki Primary. In my personal opinion I think the reason for this is due to the year 7 and boys thinking that the year 5, and 6 boys can't "handle" what they have to bring on the field. But nor does that make the year 5, and 6 boys uncomfortable but it also keeps them distant because of the negative judgements.

Image result for tamaki primary school

If you were to learn in a different working space than usual what are the negative and positive effects these older/younger students might have on you? & Why?

I'm enjoying a lot while working here! Not only am I making a stronger relationship with my younger peers.. but were also learning from one another! Which is a school value we have here at Tamaki Primary - Ako!

Please leave a comment below... and I hope you've enjoyed. Also please do bother to comment below with your thoughts on improvements I can make or I did make!

Many Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Losana,

I'm glad you feel welcome in our classroom.
This is quite a thought-provoking post. I do wonder sometimes why there is a such a big leap between the year 5&6 students and the year 7&8 students. I have thought, maybe its because year 7&8s are getting themselves ready for high school so are in a different state of mind towards school and friends? I don't know the answer.

It has been a pleasure having you in our class this morning.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Miss Ashley!

I really appreciate your comment! It has been a pleasure myself having the oppurtunity to work with your students! Building relationships is a huge part of this school... and it's something I would to enforce before leaving! Think of it as a gift to Tamaki Primary before taking off to College! So leaving the school a better place. Age differences shouldn't be judged! Some people need to believe the fact of even how younger kids can do something just as good as an older child could. Which I have developed while being in Room 7 this morning. You have very wise students.. who show the most important things through their learning, actions and themselves.

Thanks for having me Room 7! I look forward to coming back....! Keep working hard!

Post a Comment