Thursday 8 June 2017

⚽ Fitness Reflection - Kia Manawanui Syndicate ⚽

Image result for fitness

IALT: reflect on the easy, hards, positives and negatives of the fitness session we just had.

A few minutes ago, the Kia Manawanui Syndicate (Room 9 & 10) just finished having our fitness session. In our fitness session there are 3 different sections which are..
  • Station 1 - Squats & Step Ups - Miss Aireen
  • Station 2 - Star Jumps & Reverse Lunges - Ms Komor
  • Station 3 - Shuttle Runs - Kelly
As you can see some of the sections we participate in, have 1-2 activities, while some others only have one! With or for the groups that have 2 activities in them, it is basically 1 minute for each activity, but for that section that has 1 its basically 2 minutes the whole way! Since their are 3 stations, there are 3 groups.. therefore that is enough for 1 group to start at 1 station!

The station I started with was Shuttle Runs. We split up into boys and girls, now then we would stand diagonally across from each other, then 1 person at a time would run to the centre of the court, touch the line run back touch the nexts person's hand and basically do the whole thing again. I was the first person to run from the girls, and from the boys was Matthew! When I ran it was confusing at first because I didn't really know how far to go, or how not far to go! Which could be something I could do next time, which is listening more, and asking if I'm not sure about something!

Image result for shuttle runs

The next station we were with was Squats and Step Ups! This isn't a favouirte for me personally, but as a goal I would use this to get to know these activities, and maybe even do them more in my daily routine, in and out of school. Anyways, I first started of with doing step ups for a whole minute, I can't say I didn't stop because that would be called lying therefore maybe next time that could be a goal that I can set towards myself, not to stop and to consistently keep going. With the squats it was alright, I did it as a group but I still don't find this as one of my personal favourites.
Image result for squats
Now finally the last station! Which was... Star Jumps and Reverse Lunges! As we were doing the star jumps as a group, one person (Curtis) began to count every star jump we did. It went from 1,2,3 to 21,22,23 and I found that cool because then for me it felt like I wasn't alone! Now down to the thigh acking activity, I tried my best and in my eyes I think I was able to complete 8-9 full Reverse Lunges without stopping! But 3,2,1 it was over before I knew it!
Image result for reverse lunges
We then gathered as one and each teacher which was at each station (Kelly, Ms Komor, & Miss Aireen) gave us feedback on what they liked, and thoughts on what they think we could work on next time! We then lined up getting ready to move back into our class spaces!

What do you think of today's fitness session?

Please leave a comment below, with your personal feedback and feedforward on what you think I could improve and work on next time!

Thanks for viewing... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

0 comments:

Post a Comment