Monday 22 May 2017

🏃‍My Weekend - Saturday🏃‍

IALT: reflect and write about my weekend on Saturday

Here is my reflection on what I did on the weekend. This is a reflection of one day of my weekend (Saturday). In order to write a descriptive piece of writing I had to imagine it was Saturday and had to remember everything from, where we went, what we did, and how I felt while doing all these things. 

My Reflection...

Saturday for me, was all about RUGBY! Myself, my 2 sisters, my 3 nieces and 1 nephew travelled to Grey Lynn getting ready to watch and support a game that our team “Mount Wellington Warriors” played!. The first game we watched was my 6 year old niece Taisha’s. We got there 10 minutes late but we were able to make up for it. Their opponents were a 5-7 year old team from Avondale. In my mind before watching them I thought it was going to be boring game.. But then it got interesting because just by watching the skill, and technique that the under 8 team used to score tries, or get through as far as they could were smart moves. Then the entertainment hit me.. As one of the members from the Mount Wellington Warriors, run they slipped in mud leading them only a few steps to the try line… but Avondale thought because he had slid in the mud he would’ve stopped, but instead of seeing it in that way… he decided to use the mud to give more speed and ability to get much further in the field leading him closer to try line, and within a few seconds it was TRY TIME!! It was going towards the end of the game and when the scores were announced.. The Mount Wellington Warriors WON! Then the coach of the under 8 team from Mount Wellington, gave out awards to Player Of The Day, and Best Defensive & Attacking player which was TAISHA, and another girl “Kelly”! We were so happy for Taisha because last week she earned Player of the day, and now best defensive and attacking player.. That proved to us she is improving by using different skill and technique against her opponents.

The next game we went to watch and support was another game the Mount Wellington Warriors were playing, but the only change was that it was a game that the older team was playing. They were playing against Avondale also, but at a different location! The weather was disgusting but we were able to watch without slipping, falling, and getting stuck in the MUD! They played but for most of the game I was hiding from the ugliness of the weather surrounding us outside. My sister husband or in other words my brother in law was the coach of this team and the results were that they had won. 16 - 44 which was amazing. They say that this team from the Mount Wellington Warriors (25-28) had never been defeated which is true because every game they had ever played was witnessed by myself, they earned their victory fairly.

It was hometime, but for me I was disgusted in the mud on me therefore, I went straight into the shower coming out and eating as always! I watched Moana, then Freaky Friday, then Zzzzz Sleep time. It was such an exhausting but entertaining day! During the games we found out in the club (Mount Wellington Warriors) their is a 11-13 team, and they asked me if I wanted to join and it was definitely NO... ! For some reason I don’t  find getting dirty or sliding in mud fun! Therefore maybe it could be a goal I could work towards for next time… but I had fun and I can’t wait for next time (next Saturday) to watch other’s games.

Next time I would like to work on improving on putting in how I felt. From how I felt while getting their, getting their, and also af6ter going through it.

Something that challenged my ability to reflect was remembering everything. Therefore next time I think it would be a better choice to reflect straight after or to list down the main things.

Please leave a comment below, to help me reflect better next time when blogging!

Many Thanks...

0 comments:

Post a Comment