Friday 24 March 2017

⛺Whanaungatanga Experience ⛺

WALT: reflect on our Whanaungatanga Experience...

2 weeks a go on Thursday & Friday the year 7 & 8 Kia Manawanui Syndicate went on a trip to the 2017 ASB Polyfest! We experienced all sorts which will be talked about, and presented on the presentation yet to be viewed. As you read through my presentation you will not only find that I am or will be talking about the sleepover, we had on Thursday on the Panmure Lagoon Trip we had on Friday! I will be talking about my highlight, my thoughts on what we should've done and what it could've helped us with and many more things not only yet to be listed but also yet to be read.

Something I found challenging was choosing a food to choose! There were so many option and my mouth and stomach was hungry for them all but for some reason I felt like 1 food choice would've been enough!

Something I liked and look forward to doing, was experiencing more cultural performances, and also more traditional cultural food also.



Have you ever been to Polyfest? Or A SleepOver, Or a Lagoon Pools Trip with your school, or Year cluster?

If you have, or If YES please comment below about your highlight of food, and performances, sleeping arrangement, and also swimming highlights !!!

INDIVIDUAL SHORT REFLECTIONS...!!

Polyfest:

For Polyfest I was with or in the group which belonged to the teacher Miss Aireen. The peers, or classmates that I was in the same group was...

  • Irys
  • Ana
  • Kauri
  • Curtys
  • Rosemary
  • Lovely
I really enjoyed working with these people mainly, because I don't have much in common with, or they are people I don't usually work with in other words.

The highlight of Polyfest I enjoyed or I mainly liked, was getting the opportunity to see cultural performances, traditional food, and also drawings, and taking photo's inside the photo booths! 

One thing I wished we could've done was come back as a year 7/8 Syndicate on Saturday to watch more of different cultural performances!!

Sleepover:

Wih the sleep over we did many different activites, team building activities where we had to create s kit using a line, and a object in our play.. Eating Dinner, and having a FieFia night, which was giving other students, and people opportunities to come of their shell and showcase who they really are!

Heaps of people stepped out of their comfort zone, and showed who they really were/are! For example Lovey, Jose, Irys and many people!

We all performed differently! Some people sang songs, or karaokes, or even did sing alongs? I myself performed a song by Beyonce which was Love On Top!

We were settled into bed! Well I was settled into a tent with 3 different other girls.. which were,
  1. Frances
  2. Ana
  3. Irys
We had heaps of fun, talking, laughing, smiling and making unforgettable memories I would've never forgotten!

Lagoon Pools:

We got their got changed, and straight was given the safety talk! We all understood and straight away began group races! After group races, we had free time, for the rest of the day! We had breaks, with ice blocks and sausage sizzles!

It was the end of the day, which felt so fast!

I've written really short reflections, because in my presentation more detail, and more explaining would've been done!

Please leave a comment below...
Many Thanks!

1 comments:

Angelica Fakahau said...

Hi Losana, I am from Glenbrae School, nice writing about what you have experienced at Whanaungatanga. Good Job!!!!

Post a Comment