Wednesday 1 March 2017

🎗️Our New Math Groups🎗️

Image result for maths

IALT: reflect on what we did for Maths

For Maths we found out what groups we were in, and Who we were in them with! There were 3 different groups. Each group had different amounts of people. I was in Group 3 with my peers, and classmates....

  • Rosemary
  • Leilani
  • Demetrius
  • Myself (Losana)
In each group, as team we had to come up with a Maths group name. Heaps of idea's passed out group but to all of us only one name stood out. 

Everyone was given a opportunity to announce what their groups Maths name was.. The name we found were very entertaining, and interesting..
  1. Group 1's Name - Addition
  2. Group 2's Name - Islander Maths
  3. Group 3's Name (My Group) - NUMBER NINJA'S 
Image result for maths

At the end of this Maths lesson everyone knew each other, and one another's group name. Because we still 15 minutes before lunch time, we were put into 2 lines, and 1 person from each line, would compete with one another to find out how well they either know there, place value, addition, subtraction, or division. We even went up to Fractions! I found this activity very competitive everyone at least had to have at least 1 turn each. The person I competed with was Ana, the question we were given was 9 x 5, and the first person to answer the question wins a point for their team. I was in Team A, and the other team was TEAM B. At the end of my quiz I won knowing that the answer was 45. At the end of the whole game Team A had 7 points, and Team B had 4 points, meaning we had WON! After that we had 5 more minutes left using that to practice our place value. By this I mean we were given a number to figure out how to pronounce.

One thing I enjoyed with maths was when we had to figure out what our Maths Group, name was, it was very entertaining to look around and be surrounded with participating and contributing faces. What I found challenging was when we had to compete with one another!

Image result for maths

Please leave a comment below, and Thank you for viewing.
👍Many Thank


0 comments:

Post a Comment