Tuesday 14 March 2017

🏸Final Badminton Reflection🏸

Image result for badminton
IALT: reflect on our FINAL Badminton session!

As if from today, at 9.40AM was officially our last Badminton lesson for the rest of the YEAR! Our instructor BEN, has helped me learn a lot with Badminton with the past few weeks we were working with him. For example, how to hold different racquet grips, and the best way to also approach and reach out for the shuttle! Honestly, I am very devastated knowing  that it was our last week, but I am also very interested and looking forward, to our next sport which is SKATEBOARDING!

We firstly, just started with a normal warm up! The only thing was when we had started with the warm-up, it wasn't stuck in the mud! We tried something new, the game we played was that if someone, was to touch the area, around or our knees, you have to do 5 star jumps, and you were basically back in the game!

As we were playing this game the one thing, that I found challenging was that because a big class, was playing in a small space, it was hard for me not to bump, hit or break anything! I felt like we were a given a small space to play around, which was a real big challenge, seeing the active happy faces!

Then throughout the whole lesson, all we did was play 1 on 1, badminton using a net! We were divided into 2 different groups, and each group had to be formed into a line, waiting for a/their turn to play! It was really hard at first because I kept hitting the shuttle to hard, and with less control, but as timed passed I was able, to put more control into my hand, and also grips! As time passed, we changed up the rules, into 2 players each VS another 2 players. At first I paired with Matthew, our challenging, or opponents were very hard to play but as we played, and against different people we were able to figure out different strategies, to beating or winning against them. We went through the same thing throughout the rest of our lesson, then our time was up.

Something I enjoyed about Badminton after all these lesson was having the ability work through different grips. I also liked working with different people, and learning new skills and ability from each different class mate or peers I have worked with.

I look forward to next weeks, lesson on Skateboarding, and also learning new things about others in my classroom, related to skateboarding.

Image result for badminton

Thank you for viewing,
Please leave a comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment