Saturday 4 March 2017

🇹🇴Edgewater College's Tongan Practice🇹🇴

Image result for tongan flag
IALT: reflect on how I was able to attend Edgewater College's Tongan Practice!

Today for me was a very exciting day, I was able to have the greatest opportunity to travel to Edgewater College, and watch them practice and perform their Tongan Practice. I was excited to see there performances, knowing I myself is an Tongan girl also, yet to become something I would like to become as I get older, and experince more.The 2 different types of performers there doing is a So'oke, and a Ma'ulu'ulu. The reason why I went was because my older sister apart of this group! As we were on the way, I was excited seeing how Edgewater College works, espically how I MIGHT be attending that school. I felt that if I was attending that school, I guess I would have a preview of the way they practice  for Polyfest. Not only that also that I would already meet a few people that may or may not be my college classmates/friends. Honestly, I was nervous first hearing that myself, my mother, father and my little brother Amon would being going to Ma'asi (My Sister's) Tongan Practice, for Polyfest! I was excited, because I had joined a type of Tongan Group but just for our church, with some performances.

As we drove into the Edgewater College I was looking forward to seeing heaps of different things, and meeting new people! It was really boring at first, but then it was little entertaining. We got there and practice had just began.. there loud drums, big little sticks and students. They jumped up and down with sticks, and it was a very energetic active performance. Something I enjoyed while watching their performance was seeing the focus, determination, and cooperation all the students were putting into their performance, in order to make this performance, a hard working performance. Amon my little brother, and I got bored and HUNGRY so we decided to walk to the shop and have a bite to eat. On your way back from the shop, we clashed into my sisters (Sophia & Sydney), so we hopped into the car with them, and went back to the shop and basically, ate and bought more food. When we got back they were still practicing, but after a bit like 15 minutes or so they had finished their practice and as I looked over ti the left side of their practice there was all sorts of YUMMY, delicious food to eat, and drink!

We all ate different things, from sausages, to pizza, to chicken all the way to fizzy drinks, and OTAI! It was then the end of the day, and yet to come was home sweet home. Finally as hopped into the car cruising back home, my window was down and air felt as if t was running, and keeping up with me! 

We were home and I was exhausted straight to sleep on the couch!

Image result for tongan flag

Something I found very hard to do while being there was meeting other people, and getting to know them, but luckily I was able to meet a few students! I was able to make small talk with them, and find out new different things about them!

If you were in a group for Polyfest, would you show commitment, and determination? Also WHY?

Please leave a comment below,
Many Thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment