Wednesday 15 March 2017

➗ Dicey Games ➗

Image result for dice
IALT: reflect on completing the Dicey game!

Yesterday, our maths group "Number Ninja's" was given a task to play in a group of 2-3 people. The game was called "Dicey Games". We had to pair up with either 2 or 3 people, per group! We would have 4 dice and with the 4 dice we would have to roll all those dice. We had to make a 3 digit number with 3 of the dice which we rolled, for example 6, 3, & 2! The number would be 632, and the last number left out you would have to multiply it by! For example if there was 1 number left, which was 3 you would have to multiply 632 by 3, which is 1896 according to my calculations. I played this game with one of my peers in the same maths group as me (Number Ninjas), which was Rosemary.

One reason why I choose to work with Rosemary, was because that I've never worked with, and because she struggles with english, because it is not her first language, I thought it could be a good nice, and new oppurtunity of me helping her with her english for Maths!

At first it was hard for the both of us to understand each other, and also understand the different strategies we used in order to solve the problem from the numbers the dice gave you. I thought working with Rosemary, would help for me to develop, and learn new things! Maybe, for example if she solved her dice numbers differently, Maybe I could use it to help me improve more on using new, faster and easier strategies of maths. Some numbers we had to multiply together were,
  • 543 x 6
  • 213 x 3
  • 643 x 2

    And much, much more! We helped each other work through some problems, or maths equations we found hard to solve. At some stages we just gave up, but then we would always hit and strike back.
     
I liked working with Rosemary, because she taught me how to use different strategies for different amount of numbers..

I look forward to seeing her achievement related to Maths, in the further!

Click here to view Rosemary's blog!

Have you ever played a game like this?

Image result for dice

Please leave a comment below,
Many Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment