Saturday 4 March 2017

⛪Cleaning The Church⛪

Image result for churches

IALT: reflect on what I did for part of my day!

Today, not only did I attend Edgewater College's Tongan Polyfest Practice, but after a bit as in (1-2 hours), we went to prepare and clean Gods house for Sunday! You may be wondering, Why we went?, Well because every year 1 family is nominated to help make sure there responsibility of cleaning the church, and all and the property of the church is clean! For example if I myself and my family were picked, which we were most days of the week... We would have to Vacuum the hall, mop the bathroom, sweep the chairs, and broom the outside leaves where they shouldn't be! When you are nominated, you would have to nominated by someone, and vote will be counted. Then again, if people want you to it's your choice whether to accept or decline the offer. My father's name was called out, and it was going to be his first time being, as we call it "Setu'ata", or "Tauhi Lotu"! He decided to accept the offer! You would have to take care of the church for one whole year, and if you like to keeping your streak of cleaning the church going you could be the responsibility of the church, hall and property for another year. One of my father's cousins currently just moved to New Zealand from Tonga, and in Tonga at their old church, they were the "Tauhi Lotu", or responsibility takers of the church for a shocking whopping 10 years. They say, if they hadn't moved to New Zealand, then they would still be the take the position for a longer time frame! WOW, I know right I was shocked to!

Image result for christ cross

When we clean, everyone in my family has a part to do... For example someone could vacuum and clean the hall, or wash the dishes and mop the floors in the kitchen, or lastly my least favouirte cleaning out the TOILETS! Yes, YUCK right! When we go to clean church, my job is water the garden every Saturday, and also empty the Ashtrays of where the men put their smokes in! Myself, Amon and Ma'asi, finished our jobs very quickly. Basically Amon just had to clean the land pollution in, out and around the property! Ma'asi had to sweep the floors, in out and around the church, and hall! 

Image result for church choir

After that, we ha choir, for tomorrow. Every sunday either Sunday School, another group called Ako Ako, or the HIVA LAHI, which is the whole church would be the main group, by singing 1 song and one song only. On Sunday (Tomorrow) the main song will be performed by the Sunday School group, and my dad is the man who teaches the songs to the Sunday School churches, to perform!

Image result for volleyball

After choir, we found a yellow & black soft soccer ball. So we decided to play Volleyball. We went 1 on 1, first and the rule was the first person to 5 points, would stay on and the person who lost would have to come out and become the new referee of the game, for the winner, and the next person. Time pasted and it got boring so we took a 5-10 minute break. After a while we began playing again, as we played for a longer time, more people joined in. (My 2 sisters, Sophia & Sydney). So then we had 5 players, so in order to make a fair game 1 person would be out reffing and the other 4 would have 1 team of 2, playing. If you had dropped the ball for your team, and the other team reached 5 points, and you dropped it you would ref while the former ref would get a play. At first I was teams with my sister Sydney... We won against my other sister and younger brother (Sophia & Amon). So we decided to have 1 more game, we lost so my sister Sydney reffed while me and Ma'asi played against Sophia & Amon. The points were tied 4-4, and it was the last game! My parents walked out saying "Let's Go" which only left us with one game, and a little of time to play with it. We served and the game was on, they hit and we hit.. until they a hit an impeccable high throw, and as I reached back to hit the ball I missed, and fell! It was the end of the game and they celebrated. The thing I was happy, and excited about even though people lost points for their team, or risked their team in losing, with my family it's not about that it's about having a good time and enjoying yourself! 

Image result for people enjoying life

So today, not only did I go to Edgewater College's Tongan Polyfest practice, but I also went to church, cleaned and had a good time! A struggle, I found was being competitive during our game, it was so entertaining, funny and fun I forgot the purpose of the game.. which was to hit the ball back onto the oppsite teams side.. and to also make sure the ball doesn't hit the ground on your side.

Please comment below!
Many Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment